Homeowners Insurance for Camping?
What comes to mind when you think of summer vacation? Campfires? Walleye? S’mores? Sunsets? How about insurance? If not, think again.
One of the best ways to enjoy summer in Wisconsin is to take advantage of our natural resources. Go camping, fishing, or boating at one of our beautiful state parks. Head to the cabin or take to the water. Most know the proper precautions to take to prevent injury, but even the careful run into problems–the RV breaks down, thieves visit your campsite, your trailer is damaged in a fender bender.
The inevitable losses resulting from these problems are sometimes covered by your existing insurance policies. For example, generally liability claims involving smaller sailboats are often covered under a basic homeowners policy. Bigger boats and other kinds of claims, however, may not be covered. Contact us and we can discuss your coverage—what you already have and what you may need to ease any financial hardship stemming from a loss.
Think about how much it would cost to replace summer toys lost, stolen, or damaged. Fishing equipment, camping gear, golf clubs, and watersports accessories can run into the thousands of dollars. Often your homeowners insurance policy extends coverage to your possessions even offsite, but the coverage may be limited. The best way to make sure you are adequately covered is to chat with your insurance agent.
Since 1993, we’ve been handling claims stemming from summer recreation gone awry. As a result we are well versed in the risks and losses that could result and can advise you on available coverage for
- Trailers, such as a pop-up camper, ATV or boat trailer, or storage trailer whether in transit, in use, or in storage
- Motorhomes or RVs
- Boats while in transit, on the water, or in storage
- ATVs while in transit, on the trails, or in storage
- Personal items such as sporting equipment
We will review your various types of coverage:
- Collision addresses loss resulting from—you guessed it—collision e.g., hitting a car, boat, tree, or dock.
- Comprehensive addresses loss resulting from non-collision events, such as fire, theft, severe weather, or vandalism,
- Liability addresses situations where you cause damage to another or to another’s property on the road, at the campsite, or on the water
We are an independent insurance agency meaning we work with several insurance companies not just one. As a result, you will likely have more choice and better premiums.
Our office is conveniently located in Verona, Wisconsin. We serve clients located throughout Dane, Iowa, and Green County and in the cities of Madison, Fitchburg, Monticello, and New Glarus. Give us a call at 608-845-2666 or stop in 209 S. Main Street, Verona, WI 53593. After we talk, you can kick back and enjoy your summer, knowing you are adequately insured.